About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006




School's Out!
Today was Rocket's last day at preschool for the year. He was very emotional, and refused to say goodbye to anyone because he said that he would be going back next week. He cried on the way home and then decided he wanted to go back to say goodbye to everyone, but they were all gone by then. The preschool has been a blessing to me because of the love they showed Rocket. I brought the director of box of chocolates to say thank you, and she said "well you shouldn't be thanking me! We didn't do anything for YOU", and I said, "Well, anything you did for Rocket, you really did for me". On the way home I realized that I really understood what Jesus meant when he said "if you have done it unto the least of these, you have done it unto me." Becuase we are his children, he feels blessed when we are blessed.
Anyways, as another way of thanking the preschool for all they did this year, I painted a mural for their new classroom. I finished just in time for the end of the year. The project was really fun, becuase no one seems to appreciate my artwork more than preschoolers. I also really learned that doing artwork for a good cause is sometimes much more rewarding than doing it for money. Here are the pictures:



5 comments:

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Wow- you are one talented woman! What an amazing way to show the school how much they mean to you.

Do you do nursery painting? I bet you could make a fortune if that is something you were interested in.

Just...wow. I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

Looks great Naomi. I love the helicopter and rocket. Looks awesome. Isn't it wonderful when you experience the joy in giving!!!

Anonymous said...

The story is adorable, but usually Rocket stories are adorable! The pictures are beautiful! You do great work!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful murals! I know the kids will love being in that room thanks to your efforts.
((((Rocket)))) One day you will look forward to the last day of school. Cole & Ian's last day is today...they are REALLY happy.
Y'all enjoy your summer!

Emily said...

that mural is beautiful