About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

My New Airbrush

My parents (eh... they're alright) got me an airbrush and compressor for Christmas. I took my first airbrush lesson on Thursday, and I can already tell that I am going to be hooked on it. On Friday I painted this picture for my friend, Esther Story, who is having a baby shower today (Saturday). She is having a little boy (her third boy, BTW!) named Nate. If you look closely, you can see the babies name painted on the front of the train Oh, you couldn't tell it was supposed to look like a train?? Well I am new to the airbrush, and hopefully as we become better aquainted with each other, I will get better at painting with it. In no time, I will be painting the hoods of cars, eighties style Tshirts and temporary tattoos... oh and tanning my legs too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture, and fantastic idea for a shower gift!

Wow - airbrush painting stuff looks like fun. I've seen a lady at craft shows making lots of $$$$ on t-shirts, & all kinds of airbrushed stuff. Will you be doing car license plates? If so, I want to order one from you!

Naomi Haverland said...

Car license plates??? Don't you have to get those from the DMV or something?

Anonymous said...

Noooo, silly. The official GA DMV one is on the back of the van. But I want one that says 'Sew Blessed' for front of the van. I use to have a pretty Jesus fish thingy- but it got blown off at the car wash.

Naomi Haverland said...

Hmmm... out here we have to have a real license plate on the front and back. My front one is really bent up, cause I always run into the curb when I am parking.
I will look out for a blank license plate to paint for you. You really are seeeeeew blessed!

Anonymous said...

I am not sure if it is okay to be jealous of you or not, but man you have some great talent! Which I already knew due to our wonderful nursery. You have such a talent for making the most beautiful gifts. It already makes them special beacuse they are one of a kind, but then you add neat touches like the name!