About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

What a great find!!
On Saturday, I hosted my first annual garage sale in order to get rid of all the junk that I seem to acculate so easily. I made a lot of money and decided I ought to do it more often. After the sale, I took all the junk that didn't sell (which was a lot) to a thrift store to donate it. And while I was there, I did a little bit of shopping to replace all the junk I had gotten rid of. I came upon this beautiful painting and bought it for $8. I can't wait to get a new house to hang it in! I can't help but wonder what the story behind it is. If you know who this man is, let me know.

4 comments:

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Great find! I love the frame. And also, thrift stores.

Anonymous said...

I think you found a long lost Hancock ancestor... Senior Conquistidor Jose' El Han~cock. *G* He was a hero to the spanish empire, until he discovered how great the winters were in Florida... as a result, he never left the sunshine state. His children became expert orange growers...and the rest is history!

Naomi Haverland said...

Aunt Donna- I will be sure to tell people the story of my late ancestor when they visit my house. I think he was right about Florida winters.

Naomi Haverland said...

Thrift stores ARE the best... unless absolutely necessary, I hardly ever buy anything new.