About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Monday, August 13, 2007




We spent the last weekend with Matt's family camping near the beautiful collegiate peaks. We had a wonderful time and I will post pictures of our experience later, because I have to weed through all the pictures I took to find the best ones still



When I came home, I was surprised to see that Ruby had molted! At first I thought there were two tarantula's in her cage, but then I soon realized that one of the spiders was just her old "outfit" that she apparently outgrew. She is now much bigger!!
This is Ruby with her old skin in the background. Her new exoskeleton has a beautiful rosie hue- hence the name Rose Haired Tarantula.


Also, last night was supposed to be a big night for seeing meteors outside. When I went out to see, I didn't see any shooting stars, but I did see this little guy:
It was a Jewel Spider that had built an almost perfect beautiful web that glistened against the light of our dining room through the sliding door. Then an unfortunate lady bug flew into his perfectly formed web, ruining it. He attacked the lady bug and wrapped it up, and it was gone in the morning:

No comments: