About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Monday, December 24, 2007

Joy To The World

I finished this diptict of two paintings yesterday in church. I completed the two works over a period of eight sermons about the hymn "Joy To The World". One of the wooden boards was on the right side of the sancuary and one was on the left side, and I alternated between the two boards every sermon. Tonight, the two boards will come together (as seen in the picture), and you should be able to recognize the word "joy" that is formed throughout the picture. The project was great fun and a wonderful way to worshipfully contemplate the truly colorful story that is the Nativity for the last four weeks.

2 comments:

ceichy said...

This was such an awesome project. Thank you so much for doing this! And I know many of the students who have said the only thing they remembered from the service was that we are studying "Joy to the World" and that you are doing some amazing paintings...which is more than they can usually remember. So thanks!

Anonymous said...

Is the picture still up at your church? If Dad and I visit can we see it?