About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Acting Like a Six Year Old
As of yesterday, Rocket has been with us for six years. I took this picture of him and told him to act like a six year old. His incredible maturity shows, doesn't it? Then I told him that I couldn't believe that I have been a mom for six whole years. He said that actually I have been a mom for ten years since I have been a mom to him for six years and to Roxanne for four years. Alright. Did I mention how good he is at math? I told him that when he was born six years ago, I had no idea that he would end up being the best little six year old boy in the whole world. He grinned. Then I asked him if he knew that I would be the best mom in the world. He thought for a while and said he couldn't remember. But I do. I remember that he did think I was the best mom in the world. I knew he thought that because as soon as he came out of me, he would gaze at my face like this:
It was the most precious, heart squeezing look that I had ever seen in my entire life. He has adored me ever since. One day he will realize the truth about me... that I'm not the smartest person ever; that I wouldn't win American Idol; that I am not more beautiful than any other kindergartener's mom; and that I can't really paint anything in the world. Roxanne, on the other hand, has always known the truth... Oh well. We promised Rocket that he could choose any restaurant for his birthday dinner. He thought long and hard for two second and then said "IHOP". He knew that "IHOP" serves "Horton hears a who" pancakes, which shouldn't be considered a dinner, but we complied anyways. In this last picture, he seems to be acting like a five year old again.... but who wouldn't with a dinner like that?

8 comments:

The AB club said...

That is an awesome stack of pancakes. Happy Birthday Rocket. It now requires two hands to show how old you are, that's pretty old. love, Aunt Becca and family

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Your son is precious!

Thanks for the comment about books- I answered on my blog but also will copy it here:

Yes! I loved Here if You Need Me, Spook, and Stiff. (both Spook and Stiff are by the same woman.) The Post Birthday World was written in a very intersting way and I enjoyed the story.

Stiff takes a strong stomach, but it is really interesting to see what happens to bodies after they are donated to science. It took me nearly a month to read because I had to take breaks from it, but it was facinating.

Anonymous said...

I knew six years ago that he would be the best six year old AND that you would be the best mom! I guess wisdom like that comes with age.

WARREN and TRACI Lotter ________________ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROCKET!!

Anonymous said...

I still think you are the hottest mom!

Naomi Haverland said...

Awww... you're the sweetest husband in the world!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, kiddo!

Those pancakes look pretty interesting. Ian likes to snarf down pancakes, too.

I think kids ought to give their moms presents on the kid's birthday...after all -we did all the work in making their birthday their birthday!

The AB club said...

Wow, Matt. You get some real brownie points for that hot momma comment. Were you in some hot water and trying to get out of trouble with Naomi?