About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Roller Derby

Perhaps the roller derby is something everyone should experience once in their lifetime. Perhaps not. If I ever experience it again, I would prefer to be one of the ones in metalic spandex and rollerskates. Last night Matt and I, along with my old college roommate, Julie, and a date of her choice, cashed in my lucky Dr. Sketchy prize by going to the roller derby. Although, this rowdy crowd was no place for a weak soul, it was a people watchers paradise. Matt and I debated over weather or not we were odd. He claimed that everyone there was very odd in some way. I claimed that actually, WE were the odd ones, since we were the only ones that were not odd (but even that could be debated). While Matt tried to figure out the rules of the entertainingly violent game, I tried to text messages from my cell phone to appear on the big screen. Apparently "show me some roller boobies!" was not acceptable. However "Naomi luvs Matt! XOXO" was acceptable and appeared on the screen, so that thousands of viewers in the audience could witness my proclamation of love for Matt, for a total of about 1.2 seconds.
After the event, I found myself a new boyfriend and Matt found himself a new girlfriend. Based on my appearance in the photo, I think I was pretty lucky to be able to wrangle in this bodacious referee. But, I think I was even luckier that I ended up with Matt at the end of the night.

5 comments:

The AB club said...

I think you are my hippest friends. Does is count that we're realted? Can I still call you friends.

Naomi Haverland said...

I think related people can be friends... but, I think that maybe I have fooled you into thinking I am hip. I don't typically post about the really unhip things I do. But we can still be friends... as long as you don't dump me when you discover the truth.

WARREN and TRACI Lotter ________________ said...

This looks like stinking hot fun!!! What a hoot! Congrats on winning tickets - next time take your OLD friends (40 is old right!?).

WARREN and TRACI Lotter ________________ said...

PS: Love the color of your hair.

ceichy said...

Man I wish I could have been there with you! How awesome! And I am glad you ended up with Matt too! Missed you horribly yesterday.