About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Monday, May 05, 2008

Too much balog.

I don't really blog for you. It's really just for me. I don't scrapbook because... well, because, quite honestly, scrapbooking is of the devil. I don't mean to be harsh, but I have found that if I don't say it in such an offensive way, the scrapbookers will attempt to try to talk me into scrapbooking, and I just don't even want to start that conversation. So instead of scrapbooking, I blog. Then, at the end of the year, I print up all of my blogs and put them in a one-and-a-half inch three ring binder and label the binder "Blog Log" followed by the year and then I put it on the book shelf. Blog Log 2006 and Blog Log 2007 are right over there on shelf- I haven't touched them since I put them there. But, one day, when I am an old wrinkled and handicapped ladie, I will sit in a rocking chair on my porch and read all of my blogs to my darling great grandchildren, who will sit indian style and listen attentively as they imagine their great grandma as a young vivacious woman. Ok, so maybe I will never read them ever again... but I still like to have a hard copy of my ramblings. The problem is this: In 2006 I wrote 32 blogs. In 2007 I wrote 40 blogs. So far this year, I have already written, 32 blogs, not counting this one, and it's not even half way through 2008!!! At the rate I am going, my printed blogs are not going to fit into the 2008 one-and-a-half inch three ring binder, not to mention the amount of ink it would take to print them all!!! Apparently, my blogging has gotten out of control! Looking back, I realize that I have not been very discerning when choosing what to blog about. I mean, I blogged about a chair. A chair!! That idea should have been thrown out right away. The great grandchildren are certainly going to roll their eyes about that one... not to mention THIS one. Just look at me... I am blogging about blogging and not blogging. This is what I have come to?! Here is to blogging less. From now on, only really really important stuff. I mean it. OK, this is the end of this post.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish I had a wife that scrapbooked!!! (he he he)

WARREN and TRACI Lotter ________________ said...

I DISAGREE!!! Who cares if you have to get a 10" folder for your 2008 blogs!! Your blogs will be interesting to your great great grandkids. Besides, they will need to see what chairs actually looked like in a normal house instead of going to a museum to see one.

You are creating a legacy for your family and one day they may ask the Q "I wonder where great great grandma got that funny chair from" and "what is a zoo and why did they go there?" and "I wonder if great great granddad was prayerful enough before he took communion" :)

I enjoy them - otherwise I wouldn't come to check what you've written over and over!

Anonymous said...

There's no rule that one year has to fit into one notebook. That's when you label them Part 1, Part 2 or 2008-the Sequel! Or 2009 Part Deaux. =)
Don't stop blogging, don't edit yourself - it WILL be interesting for you, and your kid's kids in the future.

Holly said...

you know when you see a friend doing something really crazy but you don't know how to tell them it's crazy so you just sit there with your mouth open to the ground and your mind whirrling with ideas of how to get them to stop?

yeah. that's how I feel right now.
you write beautifully, you take amazing pictures, you are a bright spot in my day and I know I'm not alone -

don't make me beg.

(and for the record, I read LOTS of important stuff)

Naomi Haverland said...

ohhh.... Holly, for a second I thought you were gonna try to tell me to scrapbook.

Anyways, yall know I was just fishin for compliments and affirmation. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Save me!!!!!!!!! I've just been assigned the job of photographer for Ian's HS band next year, AND this includes making the scrapbook!!!! I don't do stinkin' scrapbooks... I'd rather make a quilt! *G*

Holly said...

I would NEVER....I believe the same thing about Scrapbooking....and golf and video games too. Ask anyone who knows me, I say that all the time.

The AB club said...

Naomi, I'm not a scrapbooker either. How do you print your posts? Do you print each one individually? I've often thought that this blog is the only story telling my kids are going to get. Unfortunately for my kids, they don't have a really creative writer for a mother. Rocket and Roxanne will love showing thier kids all the stuff you've written. And I think there kids are personally going to like seeing them laying together in thier underwear.

Holly said...

you can turn your blogs into books, google it.

Cassie said...

really, it's worth the time and money to go to blurb.com and get your blog made into a book. one little nicely bound book for the year. check it out!
http://www.blurb.com

ceichy said...

I guess because I am changing positions you can blog a "little" less, but not much because how am I going to stalk you if you stop blogging?

LOVE YOU!

Naomi Haverland said...

ooooh.... that blurb.com sounds really cool! Way more spiffy than my three ring binder. Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

So you're blogging about blogging. How boring! I'd rather hear about this new-fangled deck you supposedly have. Of course, I won't believe it until I see it...

Anonymous said...

buy bactrim online buy bactrim without prescription buy bactrim without a prescription overnight buy bactrim es online without prescription buy bactrim buy bactrim f
[url=http://bactrim.eventbrite.com/]buy bactrim [/url]
glucophage 500 mg glucophage xr glucophage me glucophage and vitamin b12 glucophage help with pregnancy glucophage recall glucophage lungs
[url=http://takeglucophage.eventbrite.com/]when to take glucophage [/url]
proscar without a prescription libido proscar proscar false readings proscar spermatogenesis buy proscar generic proscar cheap taking proscar no seman
[url=http://proscar.eventbrite.com/]side effects of finasteride proscar [/url]
levitra side effects levitra young people levitra prescribing levitra review provigrax free levitra trial key buy-levitra
[url=http://virb.com/yalevi]buy levitra without prescription [/url]
http://bactrim.eventbrite.com/