About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Fruition


Friday night was the opening of the Kustoms Klassics show, where my art peice, "500 years after the renessaince" was exhibited. There were some truly amazing peices at the show, and the party totally rocked. I hope that I don't appear arrogant about my art work by creating a montage of pictures of people looking at my painting. Honestly, I think it shows my inexperience that I am so enamored by the fact that anyone would even notice that the canvas is covering up the red paint on the wall behind it. For most artists, this is no big deal.



I was extremely honored that Jollene showed up to see the show. That was one of the best parts of the night. When she arrived and I saw how lovely she looked, I realized that I had forgotten to wear the special pair of earrings that I had bought especially for the night. I sulked about my naked ears for a while, but then she gave me a red jacket (which we exchange back and forth periodically because we have joint custody of it). In the pocket of the jacket was a pair of earrings that I had thought I had lost a long time ago. They were perfect!
Other than the presence of Jollene, and ofcourse, my ever supportive husband, the next best part of the night was that my painting SOLD! I never even imagined that it would sell at all, much less on the opening night of the show! I am hoping that I can look back on this day in years to come and call it "my first real art show" and not "my only real art show". Only time will tell!

5 comments:

Nichole said...

Congrats!!! Looks like you had a great night, and you sold it that is so exciting I know you must be thrilled you are a real artist now right? LOL

WARREN and TRACI Lotter ________________ said...

Yaaaay...it sold! Thats fantastic. BTW, great tank you are wearing - whoever picked that out for you has incredible taste.

Stacy said...

I was wondering about your show!! I'm thrilled for you and I don't even know you!! I have goose bumps! I'm not surprised it sold, it was oh so impressive!! Congratulations!

The AB club said...

I heard from some people who personally saw the art show that your painting was the best one, by far. I'm once again honored to be related to someone so talented.

Jolleen said...

I have to tell you again how much I love this picture!!!!!!! You are amazing!!!