About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Friday, August 01, 2008

Dang teenagers, just aint what they used to be!


This is Juliana, Chloe's big sis, our babysitter, and my lil' friend who's purpose is to remind me that I am not a teenage anymore (something I sometimes forget). So maybe I haven't changed a lot since I entered my third decade of life, but that's not keeping me young cause teenagers today aren't what they were when I was one.... and... I guess I'm not one anymore.
  • They don't watch the "Real World".
  • They can text faster than they can talk.
  • They can text and talk at the same time.
  • They don't understand what "Big Pimpin spendin Gs" means.
  • They actually say (not just type) ridiculous things like "I.D.K." and "effing".... ok I admit I have said "effing" a couple times lately, but I was just kidding.
  • They have a different boyfriend every week... ok maybe I was the only teenager who didn't... I was such a dork.
  • They talk about sex and genitalia the same way they talk about the weather.
  • They enjoy kindergarten crafts.
  • Their parents hardly ever know where they are... maybe my parents were uptight... or maybe they just didn't have a GPS hooked up to my iphone, so they actually had to ask me where I was (which was, like, SO annoying!).
  • AND, the biggest difference between teengers now and then is- skinny jeans- effing ridiculous skinny jeans- even on boys! IDK what the heck they are thinking!

8 comments:

Stacy said...

The scary thing....what will teenagers be like when OUR kids are teenagers?! Ugh....it gives me the chills to think of it!!

Naomi Haverland said...

Yeah, they'll be talking in pure acronyms and you won't even be able to tell if they are texting or not. And they probably won't be wearing pants at all. Scary.

Anonymous said...

Skinny jeans is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. I will stick to my 1990s baggy jeans for the rest of my life.

Naomi Haverland said...

Yeah, and your butt looks just as good in em as it did back in the 1990s!

Sarah said...

I am so going to need counseling when Elise is a teenager.... in fact even at three I could use some counseling!

Anonymous said...

It seems to me she is lucky to have you and you are lucky to have her. It is always good to have someone younger in your life to keep you young and always good to have someone older just to learn from.

Nichole said...

Naomi we are still so young and rad like teenagers right?

Naomi Haverland said...

Nichole, you and me, we the baddest mofos, fo shizzle!