About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Friday, September 05, 2008

Free Lovin Hippies

The thing about tiedying is that it never turns out the way you envisioned it- never. Never ever ever. But that is the beauty of it. The final result is a suprise, and it's best if you don't have expectations about it, because you're pretty much guarunteed to be disapointed. Maybe that's why hippies like it so much. I wasn't trying to turn this into an analogy about life... but that would have been a good idea.
First me and a bunch of short crafty craft crafters took the plunge and tiedyed some white T-shirts that I got on sale at Michael's (I'm thrify and crafty... soon I'll be making the kids' shoes too). Then we utilized the great ideas in this book:


I got it from the library and it's already like a whole week overdue. It's got some really awesome ideas in it. I'm tempted to cut every shirt I own into pieces, because this book really does have 108 ways to make your t-shirt way cooler than in used to be, in a matter of minutes. So after some snipping and sewing (yep, I have a sewing machine too), this is what we came up with:



Above, we have Chloe modeling her tiedye creation.



Roxanne makes this outfit work by laying the shirt with a huge dose of attitude.

Rocket wanted to make the same thing out of his shirt too, but I didn't let him. I just don't think he can pull off the halter top look.

I participated in the tiedying fun too by dying my white skirt that I had accidentally stained with paint. Now the blemish is camoflauged.

No comments: