About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Wicked Wednesdays

I've noticed lately that it's become somewhat of an expectation of bloggers to use alliteration on Wednesdays. Cathy (my frugal friend) does this "Works for me Wednesday", and Holly has this "Wacked out Wednesday" and someone else probably has a "Wonderful Wednesday". I'm not one to be left out of trendy things like this, and that's why I am starting "Wicked Wednesdays". Not "wicked" like evil, like the wicked Witch of the West. And not wicked as in the past tense of wick. But wicked in a awesome way, like, "Dude, you nailed that wickedly insane skate trick on the halfpipe!!!!"
Ok, so every Tuesday I am spending the evening at this indoor skate park that our friend Aaron, single handedly constructed and organizes. There I will put my airbrush to some wicked work, by helping the skater kids there create their own wicked panel on one of the many ramps, until they are all painted. UMM.... yeah, I know it's already Friday, and it should be posted on Wednesday to go along with the whole "W" theme, but never late than better right? No? Huh? Why?

This first week, I did my own panel, just to show those crazy skater dudes some examples of things my airbrush is capable of, and to get help inspire some ideas of their own. Above you see my own squirt, Rocket, pretending to skate down it. The next week, Marvin gave the airbrush a shot, and created this panel that says "One Love", and skating is his "one love"- or so he says, and that's why he's doing a wicked "ollie" on the ramp. (see all the new terminology I am learning?!)

Stay tuned each Wednesday (or Thursday, or Friday...) to see what wicked grafitti artwork the next skateboarder dude comes up with next!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I posted a comment and it just didn't show up. It wasn't good enough to post again though.