About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Dr. Sketchy's November- Bijoux Lemieux Posing for Dr. Sketchy's this month was the exotic and glamorous Bijoux Lemieux. She has posed for Sketchy's before, but is always a treat. I was more pleased with my photographs of her, than I was with my drawings- you can view both of them here. She had some extraordinary costumes and fabulous poses including the sword on the head balance, which she amazingly held for the 20 minutes pose, which I think would have given me a headache.


Above, you can see that my African friend, Traci, is enjoying herself at Dr. Sketchy's. This was her third time coming with me, and I think I've gotten her hooked! She shared her markers with me and paid my entrance fee... I realize I can't expect this from her all the time.


Above you can see the display and judging process going on. Vivienne Vavoom (in the red shirt) hosts the event. Freshie (in the navy blue) plays the tunes to inspire good drawings. Bijoux (in the skirt) is checking out the drawings of herself.
I especially enjoyed a fun little excersize we did for the first time this month. For one of the ten minute poses, we would pass our drawing to a new person every minute. By the end of the pose, ten people will have worked on one drawing. This is what the drawing I started with ended up like. I hope we do this again next month, because I really liked messing with other people's drawings.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I love your Dr. Sketchy stuff!