About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

Yesterday was my birthday. The best part about it was that when I logged into Facebook, it said I had 14 new notifications! That's because Facebook reminds all of my friends that it is my birthday so they can tell me happy birthday. I felt so loved.

As has been tradition for about the last 5 years, we broke out the Christmas tree, set it up, and decorated it while eating Papa Murpheys pizza. The pizza part isn't a trdition, but the tree part is. Look at what a lovely family we were:





Do you think Matt and I look like total dorks in this picture?







This is what it looked like to our jealous neighbors who might have been spying on us.




Even grumpy ol' Miss Heart came back inside from the cold and got into the Christmas spirit- after taking a warm bath with Roxanne and changing into some Christmas panties and a dress. She'd better not even think of touching any of those wrapped presents under the tree- as you know, Miss Heart can be awfully naughty.

12 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm such a photo-idea-stealer. How do I make my camera do the soft twinkle lights? I love that!!

Maybe I should put the Chrismtas tree up on my birthday...I'd like that. BUt my bday is in March - and it's not quite the same. But it could be a birthday tree and people could put all the presents under it...I could start a fabulous tradition!

Nichole said...

Happy Birthday to you sorry no wingers sauce this year, I am glad you are still older than me:)

Naomi Haverland said...

Stacy- I added the sparkles in Photoshop with one of the "assorted" brushes. If you don't have photoshop, I will sparklize a picture for you, for the cost of any small donation to Water For Christmas. Hehe.

Nichole, you're not REALLY younger than me- your birth certificate has been doctored, remember?!

Stacy said...

Awesome! I can handle that charge! Once I get a good picture I'll let you know! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday - a day or so late.
Hope you had a wonderful one. I remember the day you were born! (Does that mean I'm getting old?)

Love the pictures taken from outside. They really are cool.

Happy Birthday, Happy Thanksgiving, and Merry Christmas!

Cassie said...

what a cool birthday tradition!! :)
and great pics!
happy happy birthday!

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

That tree looks beautiful!

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I love the Water for Christmas stuff. I'm going to be posting about the Advent Conspiracy in a few weeks, which is similar. It's truly insane to think of all the difference our Christmas money could make.

FYI- you're still on my card list too! I am also totally stealing your online letter idea!

The AB club said...

4 weeks until we get to see that tree in person. The kids were really excited when I showed them your tree pictures and reminded them we were coming to visit. Emma wants to know if she can play with the doll.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! I love the pics!!
love jolleen...

Anonymous said...

Can you show us pictures of what you painted on that wall in your entry-way?

Naomi Haverland said...

It's a map of the world.
Here is a link that shows the whole thing:

http://happilyhaverland.blogspot.com/2008/05/gettin-there.html

And here is a link that talks about it gettihttp://happilyhaverland.blogspot.com/2008/01/every-single-country-in-whole-wide.htmlng done:

Naomi Haverland said...

Ok, I messed up that second link.
Here is it again:

http://happilyhaverland.blogspot.com/2008/01/every-single-country-in-whole-wide.htmlng