About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Water For Christmas Party Wrap-UpI really had no clue how many people would actually come to my party to help raise money for charity:water/water for Christmas, but I was hoping that after all the work I had put into planning it, we could raise at least $500. At the end of the fun but exhausting day, Matt sat down to count out the money, and the total came to just below 500. I was satisfied. Then, after putting the kids to bed, we left my mom to babysit the puppy and went to our neighbor's house. They had just finished a party of their own, and we were both bummed that we couldn't come to each other's parties, so we all had a glass of wine or beer together, and relaxed after all of our long days. When we came back home, my mom asked me who Jenny Smith was, and after thinking a while, I said I had no clue. Then she said Jenny Smith had come by and dropped off a donation check, but didn't want any gifts wrapped. The check was for $120! I really don't know who she is, but because of her, we surpassed my goal of $500, almost hitting $600! It was such an encouraging and unexpected end to the night.
Here are some pictures from the event:

Here are some happy customer's displaying their wrapped presents:
Stacy and my mom tirelessly wrapped around the clock. We estimated that we wrapped around 100 presents.
Jolleen and my mom wrap a gift for Jame's wife, Dawn, as James and Friday watch. Later James went out front and juggled! Later, after James had left, James' wife, Dawn showed up with the most difficult to wrap present of all! Next year, James will be juggling out front on the unicycle. Stacy and I wrapping away.

This boisterous group was, quite honestly, almost asked to leave the party. Thankfully, they all got the itch to built a snow man, and left volluntarily. Notice my son in the bottom corner.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

So cool about your last donation! Don't forget I owe you $ too!

jody said...

YOu guys worked hard for that money! Wow.
so, so, so cool.
and so exciting.
this is a big deal.
and i love it.

Cassie said...

that is GREAT!