About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Solo Art Show


My art show on Saturday was exciting. I can't really say that anything particularly exciting actually happened.... it was just the people. The fact that these people actually came out JUST for my art show, was mind boggling. It makes me wonder if I bugged them so much that they thought that I wouldn't be their friend anymore if they didn't come... or if they really did want to be there. And there was a good mix of people that I knew and people that I didn't know and got to meet. And the food was delicious too!

Before the show, I made buttons of all my paintings and pinned them on a canvas that was labeled "buttons" (I didn't get a very up close picture of it). Everyone that came to the show got to pick their favorite painting on a button that they could wear. It was a good way of making people think they were getting a free gift, but really they are just endorsing my artwork!

And I wore buttons with portraits of myself on them created by my two favorite artists, Rocket and Roxanne. Buttons are the coolest.

Even Matt wore a button! What a good husband...

One of the biggest surprises (ok, I guess THE biggest surprise) was when Jody and Cassie showed up. They are my blogger friends, and in the 21st century, blogger friends are just as valuable as real life friends, even if you have never met them.... but it's always exciting to meet them too! I had never met Cassie before, and I had met Jody before, but I was too young to remember it (like 16 or something). But I was pretty shocked and speechless when I saw that they were there, and I wish I had known they were coming, cause then I could have acted chill and planned cool things to talk about. Oh well... maybe next time.


This is me talking with people about my art... or whatnot. See Dianne? She put a lot of work into finding a babysitter so she could come. Things like that just say a lot.

OK, these pictures are out of order.... this is before anyone got there.


Yeah this one too.
I always like it when Luke comes to my art things. If I have too many though, he might stop coming.

Kyle never misses an art show! And, it's always good he's there cause then Matt has someone to talk about baseball with.

This is the lady who actually wants the art to sell!

Good ole Clyde and Susie! Did you know they're married now?!

Some other people.

And the folks. Thanks Dad- without you, I wouldn't have any of these pictures (the camera card). Thanks Mom- without you, I wouldn't have those cool boots.

And thanks everyone else who came, or wanted to come, or reposted my link on facebook, or said "I like your art", or said "you look good tonight, no you dont look like a school teacher", or asked how the show went afterwards, or posed for me so I could do these paintings, or whatever else I cant remember now, but thanks pretty much everyone in the whole world ever... yeah, thanks. I'm so so so lucky.

7 comments:

Matt said...

You had an art show...when was that?

jodi duby said...

love your notes on the pics=) love it

Sarah said...

I have lots to comment, but I'll refrain and just say how awesome you and your art work are!

Naomi Haverland said...

Well, that makes me nervous... did you want to say something mean?

Aunt Carol said...

I wish I was there and in your pictures wearing a Naomi button!
Congrats, I am so proud of you especially now that you are famous.

Donna Mc said...

WAHOO! Looks like y'all had a great time. I'm really proud of you, too. Keep following your dreams!

Cassie said...

it was so awesome.
i want to come back.