About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Monday, November 28, 2011

HI

 This is a little project I've been thinking about for a while.
 Blogger wont let me type where I want to.... I'm thinking about not even doing this post at all anymore.

What the... come on.

Anyways.  I got the idea from pinterest. I thought it would be really magical to have lit up plastic bottles in our yard for Christmas.  The final product wasn't as magical as I had imagined, but it was fun.  I can remember each moment that I finished the last drop of whatever was in each bottle and was so excited to add it to my collection of empty bottles.  Roxanne enthusiastically helped me assemble them all onto a string of lights last night.

They are a little interesting during the day too:



I am still decoupaging the Bible onto the bathroom stalls at church.  I finished the regular sized stall and have moved on to the handicapped stall now.  It's taking longer than I expected.  Next I will start on the pennies.  But for now, I've been trying to figure out an easy way to cut many pennies in half.  I tried using the circular saw on a roll of pennies today, and it didn't work.  And I'm lucky I didn't get injured.
The reason I was called to decorate the church bathroom in the first place was because a lack of bathrooms is one of the code violations that has gotten the church kicked out of their building for the last year.  The city has a lot of rules about what a building has to be like, and our building broke the rules in many ways.  So the church was required to make many costly adjustments to its building- one being the installation of a new women's bathroom.
A friend of mine set up an Etsy site that all the artistic people at the church are supposed to post to in order to help raise money to pay for the building alterations.  Most of the stuff on it is mine at this point.  But if you're shopping online for Christmas presents, you should check it out.  Cause our church needs money- there are a lot of people that sleep in closets or tents and eat out of dumpsters and whatnot.  You know-just not stinkin rich like Matt and me. 
Here is the site: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ScumoftheEarthShop

I just posted this vintage velvet clutch that I painted an owl on today: http://img1.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.291160945.jpg

No comments: