About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Thumbs Up

Been busy painting lately. My favorite days are when I have a lot of time alone at home to paint and listen to "This American Life". My favorite T.A.Ls are the ones that make me cry. I don't like to cry, so I dont know why that's true. Here's one that will make you cry no matter what- episode "209: didnt ask to be born". I promise you it will make you cry!!

Here is a preview of what is to come:



This is my painting from my visit to salvation mountain. The thumbs up is Leonard's signature move to symbolize "God is love". Anyone who has been planning on coming to the mountain knows that when you have your picture taken with Leonard, you have to have thumbs up.
You can't see his face because I don't want you to be able to see it yet. I've been obsessively adjusting it for days. His real smile is just so intense and I want to be able to capture it perfectly! I'm not there yet.
I thank God for letting me paint!

No comments: