About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Friday, January 04, 2013

Beer caps

 
 
I finally got started on this project I've been planning for quite some time now. If you spend anytime with me at all, you'd know that I always have my eyes peeled for stray beer caps- possibly more than I have my eyes peeled for stop signs or one way signs. Some of you have had pity on me and my obsession and have contributed to my collection- particularly Tim and Sarah who gave me a box (sort of the size of a large shoebox I guess) filled to the brim with beer caps for Christmas. It might have been the best Christmas gift I got this year! Well, except for the cool-head pillow that matt gave me. So I started tiling the wall today. This is how far I got:
Matt's favorite present was the beer bottle opener wall fixture that I got him. This sounds like we're obsessed with beer huh? I don't even drink it- that's why I need so much help from friends. You can see my box below that is filled with all the caps I have. I was going to do a larger wall but I decided to start on this smaller less intimidating wall. Rocket counted all my caps and calculated that I would only have enough to do 4% of the large wall. When I'm done gluing, I will apply grout. And I will post pics too.
Ummm... Well, no good metaphor tonight. I'm also watching TV again. "Seeking a friend for the end of the world"- but I'm not sure what's going on, because I wasn't paying good attention to it.
 
 

No comments: